Friday, August 25, 2006

World Cup 1: heading to MN

This one is going to be short as it is 1am and I am sitting at the San Francisco International Airport waiting for a 6:15am. Some might say I'm a little OCD arriving st the airport this early, but I've been dreaming of playing in the World Cup since I was in college, so I'd sit at the airport for a week if I had to. The bigger reason is that the BART wouldn't get us here until 5:30 and if we're going to have to get up at 3:30 to make a shuttle, why not just come sleep at the airport and not have to get up until 4:45... so I'm here, not sleeping and otherwise pondering this undertaking. I'll give a little more info about what I'm thinking heading into this next 3.5 weeks in a few days, but just wanted to give a few key details for eveyone's info going forward.

The USA has matches on 8/31, 9/4, 9/8, 9/12, and then either 9/16 or 17. Everyone who can't make it to Edmonton can watch the matches on the web live at www.rwcwomens.com. Information about how things are going will also be the womeneagles website (and of course here). I'll try and update this every couple of days, but I can't guarantee it. We're all flying into Minnesota tomorrow and then head to Canada on tuesday. I'll have a better idea of schedules and plans after we meet tomorrow. Anyways, I really should try and get some sleep before flying out, so until there's more to write...

No comments: