Wednesday, September 06, 2006

World Cup 11: Prep for Australia

So today was fairly uneventful, which was a surprise. I think most of us were expecting two hard sessions, but instead we only had one and a video session. We ate breakfast this morning and then had some time to relax before heading out to the Strathcona Druids' pitch. There we watched the Australia v. France match from last Monday, and evaluated the game for what we thought were Australia's strengths and weaknesses. I made a friend. There was a little black cat who lives at the clubhouse...

okay, continuing where I was after a brief hiatus to play 2 games of cribbage with Shousie and to sit and gossip with Pam and Jen. Now I'm back in my room typing this while Annie, Carrie, and Farrah play rummy.

The little black cat sat on my lap the entire video session and purred. He only had one ear because he lost the other one to frostbite earlier. He was super affectionate. I wanted to take him home with me.

After the video session we got lunch from Subway. It was super exciting to not have to eat hotel food for a meal. We scarfed down our footlong subs and cookies and then got ready for practice. Subway timeBefore we began the session Kathy announced selections. I got the nod to start at loosehead, which is really exciting for me, but also a lot of pressure considering how important this game is to our standings in the tournament. The training session was very intense and hard, but in the end everything started to fall together as we ran together with backs and forwards.

After the practice we came back to the hotel and did ice baths and epsom salt soaks before dinner. After dinner I spent some time cuddling with Jen before it was my time slot to see Doc. After Doc worked her magic I got a massage from Sarah, which was awesome. Then I came back here to write, but as previously explained I got disctracted from the task at hand. So yeah... now I'm ready to get to bed and get ready for another day here in the lovely land of Edmonton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Jamie! Congrats on the cap.