Thursday, January 26, 2006

The UK Saga: Part 4

Okay, so this one is going to be a bit shorter than the rest because I am tired, but I also will try and get this thing caught up.

So, monday morniing the squad for the Ireland match was announced. I was a little disappointed to not be selected, but that's part of the way this level of play goes. We had two practices that day. I wound up minorly injuring my elbow, which was really frustrating, because it was my elbow that I dislocated two years ago and it really scared me. We did lunch at the University of Limerick and then had an afternoon practice. I was a little shocky the whole day after my elbow, which made me tentative at times. But alas, what's a girl to do.

I don't know if I previously mentioned it (I think I did), but the food we have here at the hotel is amazing. Lot's of yumminess! Each morning we have a breakfast of fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, and then we get to order some hot food (eggs, pancakes, etc). We are getting seriously spoiled.

On Tuesday we had the morning off to go into Limerick and look around a bit. We went to a couple of ruby stores. Jen and I went wandering around as she was on the hunt for coaches gifts, which is apparently a more stressful process than I had previously anticipated. After our day in the town we had a short walk through practice, so that we could get used to playing at that late time of day (our match is at 7pm on Wed). My ebow felt great most of the day, but after practice it was really sore. But now it's feeling better after a few days off. The dya ended with the jersey ceremony and everyone just lounging around watching tv and movies.

On wednesday, we had a lot of free time. THe forwards had a brief lineout practice and those of us not rostered had a short workout with Michelle. Then KTP and I went to Mr. Jeeves to drop off laundry because I was starting to run out of clothes and my roommates were commenting on the odious nature of my under armor. THe forwards had a short meeting before we had a dinner and headed off to the pitch. I was really antsy the whole time at the pitch because I wasn't playing and didn't really know what to do with myself. I wound up helping shag balls for Kosanke as a way to stay busy. The match was... interesting. The first half was really hard to watch, particularly being completely non-rostered and knowing there was no chance I could go in. At halftime Ireland was winning 5-3, and the lockerroom was very somber. The second half was definitely better, and in the end we wound up winning 23-5. Because of that we were given today off from training.

After the match we had our function with the Irish team and then we got to go out to a bar called Groody's for a pint of Guiness (I went with the Cider). Then we went home to fall out. Anyways, I guess I won't get to completely catch-up, but I am closer and hopefully I'l get the rest done tomorrow.

Goodnight, now to let Patty use the computer and me to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun to read your blog on the tournament!