Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Intro to the 2010 Women's Rugby World Cup: It's been a long time

Well, hmmm... it's been a little under 4 years since I last updated this blog - the last time being the 2006 World Cup in Edmonton Canada.  With the 2010 World Cup right here, and many requests that I do it again coming in from folks who used my blog during the last World Cup to keep up with what was happening with the team, I've decided to give it a shot again.  I can't make any guarantees that I will be as prolific in my posting as I was last time because this time around I have other obligations (i.e. a pesky PhD that I'm working on), but I will give it a shot.

Welcome to the 2010 World Cup in London
As of right now (1:36am, Thur), I am suffering from some serious insomnia as a result of jet-lag, muscle soreness, and watching Trueblood too close to bedtime, so it seemed like it was as good a time as any to at least kick off this endeavor.  This means this is going to be uber-short and what you see is what you get.  I'm just giving you the intro and then tomorrow - which is a day off - I'll work on getting you all caught up on what the National Team has been up to for the past however long so that we can get into the heart of World Cup 2010.  With that I say, welcome back and good night!

No comments: